Our collections include something for everyone.
One of our most popular collections, the Audiovisual Department contains:
- Playaways, portable, battery-operated audiobook players; plug in your headphones and go!
- Audiobooks on CD
- Vox Books and Wonderbooks, children’s picture books with a built-in audio player.
Large Print Collection
Our easy-to-read large print collection includes fiction by popular authors and nonfiction.
Local History Department
This collection contains a large amount of both Genealogy and Local History materials, including books, microfilm, CD’s, and vertical file information. Although these items do not circulate, patrons may make photocopies of the information. Limited research assistance in this collection is available in the library or from private citizens in the community. Please contact Evangeline Cessna, firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This section is located by the windows to the left of the Local History Room Entrance on the upper floor
Located on the lower floor, the Children’s collection includes a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction to meet your child’s needs and encourage a love of reading.
Young Adult Collection
For patrons ages 13 to 17. Find required reading, nonfiction, popular teen fiction and series and age-appropriate Manga and graphic novels behind the Adult Graphic Novel section next to the Reference Desk.
Graphic Novel & Manga Collection
More than just superhero comics, graphic novels and Manga include a wide range of topics and genres, including adaptations of classic literature, such as Shakespeare, George Orwell and Anne Frank, and even biographical and nonfiction subjects. Located next to the Reference Desk, our graphic novel and Manga collection contains carefully selected popular and award-winning books.
Parent Resource Center
In 2018, the Library collaborated with Excel by 5 to create the Parent Resource Center, a resource to aid parents in readying their preschool-age children for Kindergarten. The PRC includes educational toys and games to assist children in developing fine motor skills and cognitive skills, such as learning colors, letters, shapes, numbers and more. The PRC is located on the lower floor near the Children’s Department.
- 21-Day Check-out: Books for all ages, large print books, audiobooks on CD or Playaway
- 14-Day Check-out: High-demand, popular titles and College & Career Test Prep books (ex. ACT, GED, etc.; these require a cash deposit before check-out; deposit is refundable, minus applicable late fees)
- 7-Day Check-out: DVDs, magazines, Parent Resource Center Toys & Games
- 3-Day Check-out: High-demand DVDs
Located in the Electronic Resources section of our Online Catalog (include hyperlink to catalog here), our digital collections offer a wide range of materials to meet your professional, educational and recreational needs.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Salem Press/Grey House Publishing Online
- World Book Online
- RBdigital (eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines, eComics & streaming video)
- Hoopla (eBooks and eAudio)
- Tumblebooks (eBooks for children)
- Educational/Professional Development
- Universal Class